This afternoon the Victorian Premier announced a state-wide Stage 4 Lockdown for Victoria from 11:59pm tonight, for the next five days.
This will have a significant impact on families.
The CRCCS Leadership Team met this afternoon to develop contingency plans for our College in response to the announcement.
The following decisions have been made:
- On Monday morning, students will check in with their homeroom teacher, via MS teams at 8:45am.
- Homeroom teachers will take a roll and give students an update about classes
- After homeroom on Monday, students will be directed to get ready for remote learning, which will begin on Tuesday
- Timetabled classes will not be running on Monday and students may use this time to complete any tasks from this week
- Tuesday and Wednesday homeroom and classes will be conducted remotely, which may include a combination of Microsoft Teams and SEQTA coursework (this information will be communicated by the subject teacher)
- Students can access the Remote Learning Guidelines & Microsoft Teams instructions through the Student Portal on SEQTA
- Parents can download the Remote Learning Guidelines & Microsoft Teams instructions here.
It is recommended that students use this weekend and Monday to begin preparing themselves for a move to remote learning.
As this stage we are unable to predict what may happen in the short or long term, but we know that things can change very quickly.
Therefore staff, families and students must be ready for whatever decision is made.
Essential workers and onsite learners
If parents/carers meet the criteria of an essential worker, then they must complete the On-site Supervision form, in the link below, by 5:00pm Sunday 14 February.
Thank you for your support as we navigate through another period of change.
Please contact the College on Monday if you have any concerns for your child.
Mr Jamie Madigan